Wisconsin Tour (Oct. 9-14, 2013)
The Concordia Sinfonietta performs major orchestral repertoire from the
Baroque to contemporary music. Recent performances have included:
- Brahms - Academic Festival Overture
- Copland - Four Scenes from Rodeo
- Gershwin - Cuban Overture
- Haydn - Symphony No. 92 "Oxford"
- Hovhaness - And God Created Great Whales
- Shostakovich - Festive Overture
- Still - Symphony No. 1 "Afro-American"
- Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture, Capriccio Italien
- Walton - Crown Imperial
This orchestra also performs sacred music and hymn settings in worship
services. Many of the hymn settings have been commissioned for the
Sinfonietta through the New Dimension Fund.
This orchestra rehearses from 6:45-9:00p on Tuesday evenings. In
addition, regular string sectionals are led by Concordia string faculty
members each semester. Wind sectionals are held during selected
portions of the Concordia Wind Orchestra rehearsal time.
Wind and percussion players in Concordia Sinfonietta are selected from
members of Concordia Wind Orchestra.
String players in Concordia Sinfonietta have additional performance
opportunities in various chamber groups, which are modified from
semester to semester.
The conductor of the Concordia Sinfonietta is Jeff Held.