Adjunct Professor of Theatre
- University of California Los Angeles, MFA in Acting, 2011
- New York University, Steinhardt School, MA in Educational Theatre, 2008
- Yale University, BA in Theatre Studies, Double Concentration: Performance and Playwriting, 2003
- Teaching Artist, Playwright and Performer, Yale Children’s Theatre, New Haven, CT 2000-2003
- Entertainment Director and Theatre Program Staff, Paul Newman’s Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Ashford, CT 2002, 2003 & 2007
- Teaching Artist and Performer, Chicago Kid’s Company, Chicago, IL 2004-2007
- Teaching Artist, MCC Theatre, New York, NY 2007-2008
- Education Apprentice, New Victory Theatre, New York, NY 2008
- Teaching Assistant, Special Reader and Arts Bridge Mentor, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 2009-2011
- Lecturer, UCLA Acting and Performance Institute, Los Angeles, CA 2014
- High School Programs Manager, Teaching Artist & Youth Director, Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum, Topanga, CA 2009-2015
- Instructor, The Second City Training Center, Hollywood, CA since 2012
- Teaching Artist, Young Storytellers Foundation, Los Angeles since 2013
- Instructor, A Noise Within Theatre, Pasadena, CA since 2014
- Acting Faculty, New York Film Academy since 2015
- Adjunct Faulty, Concordia University Irvine since 2015
Carolyn teaches acting, voice and speech, playwriting, improvisation, drama education and youth theatre. She has over 15 years experience in Theatre, Film, Digital Media and Arts Education throughout Los Angeles, Chicago, NYC and New Haven. She is a proud member of the Actor’s Equity Association and SAG-AFTRA.
Carolyn has been an actor and instructor with Looseleaf Theatre Company at Concordia University Irvine since 2013. Under the direction of Professor Tony Vezner, she performed Celia in As You Like It (2013), Adriana in The Comedy of Errors (2014) and Nerissa in The Merchant of Venice (2015). She teaches a Voice and Speech workshop series with the Looseleaf ensemble that explores scansion, rhetoric and classical acting technique. Additional Shakespeare roles include: Bianca, Hermia, Hippolyta, Margaret, Lady Anne, Lady Capulet, Lady Percy, Player Queen, Titania and Caliban.
As a producer and writer, Carolyn is dedicated to creating content that finds the funny with compassion and kindness. She is currently in post-production for her short film Topanga Rose, a family drama about a young girl living with Cystic Fibrosis. Her short film I’m Downton Abbey with That! (2013) is featured on Funny or Die in partnership with The Second City Hollywood Training Center. In 2013, she co-produced, co-wrote and performed in There Will Be Snacks, a female comedy showcase that played to a sold out crowd at Comedy Central Stage. Other credits include: Burger Love (Funny or Die, 2014); the comedy web series C Wright Sketch (YouTube, 2012); the sketch comedy revue Girl, Intervention (The Second City Hollywood, 2012); and Larry & Mary (2011).
Favorite acting credits include: Wini + George with Katharine Ross, Wacko Smacko, Moving On, The Best of Second City, Really Awesome Improv Show, Little Sister and Ceiling Crawler motion capture in BioShock video game.
Visit to see photos and videos of Carolyn’s professional work, as well as her IMDB profile for her complete filmography.