Clear Induction Credential Programs
- Multiple Subject
- Single Subject
- Education Specialist
Concordia University's Clear Induction Credential Programs partner with employing school districts to offer a dynamic new teacher support and reflective best practices assessment program for California Preliminary Credential holders to earn a Clear Credential. Concordia University Irvine is one of the very few institutions currently offering an Induction program, approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for Single Subject, Multiple Subject, and Education Specialist Clear Credentials.
Concordia Irvine looks forward to the opportunity to collaborate with you and your employing district or private school to assist you in building upon your knowledge and skills acquired during teacher preparation to face the opportunities and challenges in today’s California schools. We will provide multiple professional development opportunities to improve your teaching strategies with diverse learners, enhance your classroom management strategies, and develop your leadership potential within the context of your current teaching setting.
Concordia's Clear Induction Credential Program:
- Can be completed in 1-2 years.
- Accepts 1 year of BTSA experience from other school districts.
- Applies up to 6 units of transferrable Induction Program credits to one of our MAED degree programs.
- Is flexible in providing multiple platforms of course or individualized teacher support delivery, including online and onsite for busy new teachers.
- Provides ongoing resources for implementing the Core Common Standards and new ELL Standards.
California Standards for the Teaching Profession and the Formative Assessment for California Teachers provide the foundation for this Clear Credential Program. We also serve participating teachers working in private schools, including our own LCMS California Teachers.
To learn more or to apply to Concordia's Clear Induction Credential Program, please contact our Admissions Counselor, Deb Baumgartner, at (949) 214-3338 or [email protected].