CUI Bono Living Learning Community
Welcome to the Neighborhood
The goal of CUI Bono is to promote deeper thinking about the ultimate questions that arise from lectures, texts, and conversations in and outside of the classroom. The CUI Bono Living Learning Community will enhance the current CUI Bono offerings. The CUI Bono Community will provide a living learning community for students who are interested in getting the most out of their academic experience while here at CUI.
The Lower Quad Gamma will be designated as CUI Bono Hall as it is perfectly arranged to provide for meeting spaces for studying, hosting guest speakers, playing games and gathering for social events. Participants will be expected to actively participate in the organization and implementation of CUI Bono programming. Such an environment serves to further enhance the building of a co-curricular community.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
Through your active participation in the 2013-2014 CUI Bono Living Learning Community, students will achieve the following goals:
Academic goals, objectives, and learning outcomes will be outlined in the course syllabus as determined by the Faculty in Residence or professor designing the course.
Community Development Goals:
- Organize and lead at least one Prof. and Pizza engagement event.
- Within a predetermined small group, organize a campus wide CUI Bono convocation.
- Develop relationships with all CUI Bono Hall residents.
Activities Will Include:
- Attending debates, presentations, and dialogues on campus.
- Presentations on politics, philosophy, economics, theology, etc., by scholars, activists and elected officials. Film screenings.
- Writing articles in CUI’s newspaper—The Courier—on CUI Bono related topics.
- Participating in public forums, dialogues and informal discussions.
- Meeting and working with faculty engaged in research and action projects