Concordia University Irvine Academic Employment Opportunities
Concordia University Irvine does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. However, Concordia University Irvine is a Christian educational institution operated by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, employs only those applicants who meet the religious membership requirements established by the university.
Announcement of Anticipated Faculty Openings
Concordia University Irvine seeks applicants to fill the possible faculty openings in the disciplines listed below. Review of application materials begins immediately and continues until the positions are funded and filled.
We seek candidates who understand and value a Christian liberal arts approach to higher education and who are willing to invest themselves in the lives of students.
Candidates must possess a relevant graduate degree (masters required; terminal preferred) and be a member of a Christian congregation. Candidates will provide evidence of exemplary teaching experience; rank will be awarded according to teaching experience.
To be considered for a full-time ranked faculty position, a candidate must be a member of a congregation of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and should possess a graduate degree in the field. Other faculty positions exist for Christians who do not hold membership in a congregation of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Concordia University Irvine is a Lutheran, co-educational, residential, liberal arts university of 4,500 students, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in over 20 fields of study. Please view our website for more information about the university. You may view and print out the application for employment from this website.
Full Time / Part Time
| Part-time Assistant Professor, Chemistry
Concordia University Irvine in partnership with the Townsend Institute invites qualified applicants to teach online graduate coursework in the Masters in Counseling program. We seek flexible, self-aware, and student-centered candidates with the potential for excellence in teaching. The MA in Counseling program is seeking CACREP accreditation. For more information on our program go to Townsend
Preference will be given to applicants with the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision (appropriate ABD and MA level candidates may also be considered)
- Professional identity as counselor
- Licensed or license-eligible
- Experience teaching in higher education in an online environment
- Effective integration of technology in instruction
- Understanding and appreciation for the CACREP accreditation process
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching core and/or specialized courses in the Master’s degree Mental Health counseling track. Applicants with particular preparation, interest, or experience in career counseling, assessment, and/or field experience are especially encouraged to apply.
Concordia University Irvine is a Christian educational institution operated by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and is committed to helping students develop a wise mind, honorable heart, and cultivated character.
Seeking a coordinator for the Village of Hope (VOH) After-School Program who will work closely with the Manager of the Child and Parent Enrichment Center to maintain continuity of the program. Duties include the following:
- Recruit and guide Leaders of the Day (LOD) and tutors from Concordia
- Recruit student volunteers from core math, EDUC 101, work-study, and other classes or organizations as needed.
- Assist the VOH Tutor Center Coordinator in communicating volunteer assignments.
- Maintain the tutoring schedule and tutor contact information.
- Serve as Contact person for those wanting to tutor or have questions. Absences should be received directly by the LOD.
- Obtain leaders for each day of the week.
- Recruit additional helpers when CUI students are not in session or beginning and end of the semester, etc.
- Provide VOH Director of Volunteers a list of CUI and other tutors at the beginning of each semester and update VOH when students add or drop during the semester.
- Other Responsibilities
- Meet with Heritage Elementary teachers at the beginning of each school year to provide an overview of the Concordia/VOH Afterschool program.
- Act as liaison between Heritage teachers and LOD. Teachers will provide what they would like children to focus on during after school time, which is then shared with all LODs
- Meet at the beginning of the school year with all LODs to work develop a regular daily routine.
- Maintain and share a list of the available games and materials that are available for use during afternoons.
- Provide guidance to LOD to establish a sequence to content. (i.e. 5th graders are working on adding fractions with the same denominators this week, etc. Might be helpful to develop a system of online communication.)
- Keep strong lines of communication with Manager of Child and Parent Enrichment Center and staff.
- Request appropriate workbooks and or materials needed.
- Communicate to Center Manager if computers need attention.
- Serve as a resource to other CUI faculty and student groups who are looking for service projects at the VOH.
Adjunct Healthcare Management Instructors: Seeking Christian educators to instruct in a variety of undergraduate and graduate healthcare management courses, with specific emphasis in the areas of Law, Long-term Care, Marketing, Organizational Development and Planning, Quality Assurance, and/or Finance. Some courses are held on our Irvine campus while others are offered online.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements include an advanced degree and a background in the healthcare industry.
Please submit the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. A review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Seeking part-time instructors who have an earned a minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), preferably with two specialties from the following: medical/surgical, pediatrics, maternal/child, psychiatric/mental health and gerontology. Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate courses, supervising clinical instruction, and advising. While applications from all areas of nursing will be considered, preference will be given to candidates poised to excel in nursing education and working with students.
Immediate opening for a part-time psychiatric/mental health clinical instructor who has earned a a minimum of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with current nursing practice in this area of expertise. Responsibilities will include direct supervision of students in the clinical setting, advising, and participation in orientation for self and students to the health care facility.
Full Time Application Requirements
- Please click on the Job Title for more information and to complete the online application.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (including complete educational background, experience, and email/phone contact information for three references
- Statement of teaching philosophy (applies to full time applicants)
- Transcript showing highest earned degree posted (copies of transcripts will be accepted at the time of application but must be replaced with originals at the time of hiring).
Part Time Application Requirements
Send Application Requirements for Part-Time Positions to:
Office of the Provost
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612-3299
Concordia University is committed to assisting all members of the University community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at the Campus Safety's website.