- PACs: applications, interviews, selection occur from October-November.
- PALs: applications, interviews, selection occur from November- February.
Length of Commitment
PACs and PALs commit to the PAL program for a year, spring to spring.
- Fall Semester: PACs meet before the end of the fall semester with the Director of First-Year Experience Programs & Initiatives to discuss/prepare spring PAL interviews/selection.
- Spring Semester: PACs and PALs engage in training during the spring semester. All PACs/PALs attend the CCLC, Christian College Leadership Conference.
- Summer: PACs return to campus in late May and work 30 hours a week preparing for CU Soon (Summer Orientation) and WOW until WOW begins in August. PALs return to campus for training a week before WOW begins.
PACs and PALs will lead a group, either comprised of freshmen or transfer students, during WOW and/or Spring Orientation. They will host various activities and events designed to help new students connect with one another and develop a sense of involvement.
INT 100: Freshman Seminar
- When classes begin, the Freshmen PACs/PALs will transition from being peer resources and activity coordinators to co-facilitators in INT 100. (Transfer PACs/PALs will create and implement various activities throughout the fall semester for their transfer students.)
- They will assist with the Monday lecture sessions and Breakout sessions - distributing/ collecting attendance tickets, reading students' papers, and/or facilitating discussion/activities.
- During the breakout sessions, PACs/PALs will assist their Breakout instructor(s) in preparing the new students to be "wise, honorable, and cultivated" citizens. PACs/PALs help ensure that new students transition comfortably into college life and enjoy success at CUI.
INT 103: Leadership Course
All PALs enroll in INT 103: Leadership, a 1-unit course, for the fall semester. Student leaders - comprised of PALs, RAs, abbey west, L.E.A.D., and ASCUI - will take the course to continue their development into well rounded leaders.