Len Hightower, Ph.D.
- Assisted Concordia University Irvine with turnaround of undergraduate recruitment efforts leading to record incoming classes and assisted in reducing Freshmen unfunded discount rate by 10%.
- Assisted the University of Alaska, Fairbanks in reversing a four year decline in enrollment.
- Assisted Concordia University Portland in achieving student enrollment goals and record net revenue.
- Assisted Concordia University Irvine in development of strategic marketing efforts which provided clearer sense of Brand and stronger competitive position.
- Designed and led University Strategic Planning process which engaged the faculty, Board of Trustees, President, and staff. Goals and strategies were developed that propelled the university forward with a clearer sense of purpose and distinctiveness resulting in greater enrollments and stronger market position.
- Facilitated the creation and implementation of a research based Strategic Marketing Plan for the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Established new enrollment strategies and processes that resulted in increased academic quality of entering freshmen and record enrollments for the University.
University of La Verne
- Restructured Office of Undergraduate Admissions introducing enrollment management strategies, including optimizing institutional aid, resulting in increased quality of entering students, marked improvement in retention and graduation rates.
- Initiated and chaired university-wide Diversity Task Force that increased the number of ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and administrators; developed one of the most successful Latina retention/graduation efforts in the nation; and wrote a grant funded for $500,000 that created the First Generation Student Success Program, Faculty Diversity Grant project, Minority Faculty Fellowship, and First Generation Student and Parent research project.
- Successfully designed and led institutional strategic planning process that resulted in a more focused vision, substantive strategic goals, objectives, and action plans for the institution and its major academic and administrative units
- Ph.D. in Education with emphasis in organizational theory and human development, January 1992, The Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA.
- MA in Social Science, May 1980, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA.
- B.A. in Psychology, May 1977, Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA.
- Principal, HighTower Consulting, Orange CA, August 2006-Present
- Vice President for Enrollment Management and Director of Strategic Planning, Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR, 1999-May 2006
- Executive Assistant to the President, University of La Verne, CA, 1994-1999
- Dean of Student Affairs, University of La Verne, 1986-1995
- Associate Dean of School-Based Student Services, California State University Long Beach, CA, 1985-1986
- 2010 Spring-term Adjuct Professor: Concordia University Irvine. Course: Marketing for Results
- 2002 Spring-term Adjuct Professor: Pacific University. Course: Marketing Research
Click here to read Len Hightower's complete profile.