(949) 854-8002 ext. 1318
Sherryl has worked with Concordia Irvine for several years now and welcomes the opportunity to use her experience, organization skills, and faith in a combination that will benefit the students and her community. She is currently in her third year of Ph.D. studies in the School of Leadership and Management Studies and is excited to explore the latest theories in Leadership and Management while researching how these theories are influenced by history and current events.
Sherryl’s interests span a number of areas, but all are within the Management and Organizational Studies area. She is particularly interested in linking conflict management theories and organizational psychology as it applies toward the changing demographics in the workforce. Managing multigenerational workforces may take a new wave of cooperation.
She lives in the Inland Empire with her husband of 24 years and two children.
Ph.D. Behavioral Sciences, Fielding Graduate Studies, Santa Barbara, In Process.
Cert. Distance Learning Teaching, California State University, Dominguez Hills, 1997.
M.A. Behavioral Sciences, California State University, Dominguez Hills, 1996.
B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies, California State University, Dominguez Hills, 1994.
Professional Involvement & Accomplishments
- In-service Presenter, Technology in the Classroom Workshop, California Baptist University, Riverside, 2004
- Invited Speaker & Team Leader, Dale Carnegie Course on Presentation & Management Communication Skills, 1999
- International Technology Education Association (ITEA), Riverside Community College, 2006-2008
- Association of Management Consulting Firms (AMCF), Associate Member, 2004-2006
- Negotiation and Conflict Management Alumni Association #360, 1995-2004
- Management / Leadership Studies
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Psychology
- Management Ethic Studies
Special Interests & Activities
- Worked with Riverside Christian School to donate gifts through Angels for Christ Outreach to homeless & disadvantaged youth, 2006-2009
- Worked with Bible study groups to organize care packages out to Iraqi stationed soldiers & support military clergy, 2006-2007
- Worked with Riverside mission to deliver food to local families in need, 2003-2004, 2006
- Worked with Genesis House to clean and prepare homeless for abandon & abused women and children in Riverside, participated in BRASS in San Bernardino, 2004-2009
Courses Taught at Concordia
- BAL 420: Managing Today’s Worker
- BAL 450: Leadership Strategies for Business Leaders