The 2015 Great Commission Summit will be held June 1-2.
Keynote Speaker: Soong-Chan Rah
Rev. Dr. Soong-Chan Rah is Milton B. Engebretson Professor of Church Growth and Evangelism at North Park Theological Seminary in Chicago, IL and the author of The Next Evangelicalism: Freeing the Church from Western Cultural Captivity (IVP Books, 2009); Many Colors: Cultural Intelligence for a Changing Church (Moody, 2010); and co-editor of Honoring the Generations: Learning with Asian North American Congregations (Judson, 2012). He is the co-author of Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith (Zondervan, 2014) and an upcoming commentary on The Book of Lamentations (IVP Books, 2015).
Soong-Chan received his B.A. in Political Science and History/Sociology from Columbia University; his M.Div. from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary; his Th.M. from Harvard University; his D.Min. from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and is currently in the Th.D. program at Duke University.
He serves on the boards of World Vision, Sojourners, the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA), Evangelicals 4 Justice and the Catalyst Leadership Center.
Rah is formerly the founding Senior Pastor of the Cambridge Community Fellowship Church (CCFC), a multi-ethnic, urban ministry-focused church committed to living out the values of racial reconciliation and social justice in the urban context. Soong-Chan has previously been part of a church planting team in the Washington DC area, worked for a number of years with IVCF in Boston (specifically at MIT), and had mobilized CCFC to plant two additional churches.
He has extensive experience in cross-cultural preaching as well as on numerous college campuses. Soong-Chan was a plenary speaker at the 2003 Urbana Student Missions Conference, the 2005 Summer Institute for Asian American Ministry and Theology, the 2006 Congress on Urban Ministry, the 2007 ECC Midwinter Conference, the 2007 Urban Youth Workers Institute Conference and the 2008 CCDA National Conference, 2009 Cornerstone Festival, 2010 GCTS National Preaching Conference, 2011 Disciples of Christ General Assembly, and the 2012 Fuller Missiology Conference.
Soong-Chan, his wife, Sue, who teaches special education, and their two children, Annah and Elijah live in Chicago.
Keynote Speaker: Ed Stetzer
Ed Stetzer is the Executive Director of LifeWay Research, aprolific author, and well-known conference and seminar leader. Stetzer has planted, revitalized, and pastored churches, trained pastors and church planters on six continents, holds two masters degrees and two doctorates, and has written dozens of articles and books.
Stetzer is a contributing editor for Christianity Today, a columnist for Outreach Magazine, and is frequently cited or interviewed in news outlets such as USAToday and CNN. He is also the Executive Editor of The Gospel Project, which is used by over 500,000 individuals each week. Stetzer is Executive Editor of Facts & Trends Magazine, a Christian leadership magazine with a circulation of 70,000 readers.
Stetzer serves as Visiting Professor of Research and Missiology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and Visiting Research Professor at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and has taught at many other colleges and seminaries.
He also serves as Lead Pastor of Grace Church in Hendersonville, Tennessee, a ongregation he planted in 2011.
He has written the following books:
- Planting New Churches in a Postmodern Age (2003)
- Perimeters of Light: Biblical Boundaries for the Emerging Church (with Elmer Towns, 2004)
- Breaking the Missional Code: Your Church Can Be a Missionary in Your Community (with David Putman, 2006)
- Planting Missional Churches (2006)
- Comeback Churches: How 234 Churches Turned around and Yours Can Too (with Mike Dodson, 2007)
- 11 Innovations in the Local Church (with Elmer Towns and Warren Bird, 2007)
- Compelled by Love: The Most Excellent Way to Missional Living (with Philip Nation, 2008)
- Lost and Found: The Younger Unchurched and Churches that Reach Them (with Richie Stanley and Jason Hayes, 2009)
- Viral Churches: How Church Planters Can Become Movement Makers (with Warren Bird, 2010)
- Spiritual Warfare & Missions (with Jerry Rankin, 2010)
- Transformational Church (with Thom Rainer, 2010)
- MissonShift: Mission Issues in the Third Millenium (with David J. Hesselgrave, 2010)
- Compelled: Living the Mission of God (with Philip Nation, 2011)
- The Mission of God Study Bible (with Philip Nation, 2012)
- Subversive Kingdom: Becoming Agents of Gospel Transformation (2012)