SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
- All officially-recognized CUI social media accounts must be reviewed and approved by the Marketing Department
- Each social media account must have responsible administrators assigned and be linked to appropriate CUI email accounts.
- Each officially approved account must include a disclaimer statement (or link to the statement), in the prescribed form, regarding content and opinions contained on the site. SEE COMMENTS GUIDELINES
- Inappropriate, offensive, injurious, illegal and content protected by FERPA may be removed by CUI employees identified as account administrators or at the direction of the Social Media Policy Staff.
- In an event of a campus or PR crisis, officially-recognized CUI social media accounts will refer all posts and comments to the main Concordia University Irvine social media sites:
- Best practices for social media accounts should be considered.
To be posted on officially recognized CUI social media accounts:
“This account is officially recognized by Concordia University Irvine; however, the views and opinions expressed on this page are not necessarily those of the University. CUI retains discretion to allow or disallow comments and/or posts on this page. For more information about CUI's Social Media Policy, visit www.cui.edu/aboutcui/social-media/policy and for more information about Concordia University Irvine, visit www.cui.edu”
How to handle comments
How to report abuse