SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
- All officially-recognized CUI social media accounts must be reviewed
and approved by the Marketing Department
- Each social media account must have responsible administrators
assigned and be linked to appropriate CUI email accounts. Each
administrator must meet with the Social Media Manager for training.
- Each officially approved account must include a disclaimer statement
(or link to the statement), in the prescribed form, regarding content and
opinions contained on the site. SEE COMMENTS GUIDELINES
- Inappropriate, offensive, injurious, illegal and content protected by
FERPA may be removed by CUI employees identified as account administrators
or at the direction of the Social Media Policy staff.
- In an event of a campus or PR crisis, officially-recognized CUI
social media accounts will refer all posts and comments to the main
Concordia University Irvine social media sites
( Facebook and
- The Concordia University Irvine Social Media Policy, Playbook and Best
Practices for social media accounts will be followed.
*To be posted on officially recognized CUI social media accounts:*
“This account is officially recognized by Concordia University Irvine;
however, the views and opinions expressed on this page are not necessarily
those of the University. CUI retains discretion to allow or disallow
comments and/or posts on this page. For more information about CUI's Social
Media Policy, visit
and for more
information about Concordia University Irvine, visit www.cui.edu
By signing below I agree to adhere to Concordia University Irvine’s Social
Media Policy*. I have read Concordia University Irvine’s Social Media
Policy, Playbook, Best Practices and Social Media Response Assessment (
) and understand my
responsibility for posts, images, comments and videos on behalf of
Concordia University Irvine.