IRVINE, Calif., (July 1, 2014) — Concordia University Irvine (CUI) will be hosting its 3rd annual Teen Entrepreneur Academy Business Plan Championship on Friday, July 18th. This competition will feature the top three teams of high school students out of 25, vying for the first place cash prize of $1000.
A distinguished group of high-profile Southern California entrepreneurs and business leaders will select the best business plan. The 10 notable judges include:
- Arthur Carter, Vice President of Wells Fargo Bank
- Moctesuma Esparza, Emmy-award winning Producer and CEO of Maya Cinemas North America, Inc.
- Jeff Hoffman, Founder of Priceline
- Kerri Kasem, Business Owner, TV/Radio Host and Founder of Kasem Cares Foundation
- Chalene Johnson, Founder of SMART Success Academy and New York Times bestselling author
- Phil Liberatore, CPA, The IRS Problem Solver
- Rosario Marin, 41st Treasurer of the United States and former California Secretary of the State and Consumer Services Agency
- Noel Massie, President of UPS Southern California and Chair of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- Anand Nallathambi, President and Chief Executive Officer, Corelogic, Inc.
- Frank Singer, Founding member of the Tech Coast Angels
The keynote speaker for the event will be Chef Michael Antonorsi, co-founder, president and master chocolatier of Chuao Chocolatier.
“We believe it’s never too early to teach teens business principles and a proactive entrepreneurial mindset, one that sees problems as opportunities while fostering the all-important ability to create and manage their own careers,” said Stephen Christensen, Dean of the School of Business for CUI, and TEA program founder. “Entrepreneurs are problem solvers who make things happen and this can be taught.”
Registration opens at 4:30 p.m., with the competition from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., and Wahoos Fish Tacos hosting the reception following. It will be located at Concordia University Irvine’s CU Center. Tickets to attend the TEA Business Plan Championship cost $20 for an individual, $35 for a couple and it is open to the public.
The third annual Teen Entrepreneur Academy (TEA) takes place July 13 – 19. TEA is an intensive hands-on summer academy that offers real-world, technical and practical training in how to launch a business for high school students interested in starting their own businesses. Read the TEA press release
Follow TEA on social media with the hashtags #CUItea and #Teen4Biz. For more information about the Teen Entrepreneur Academy, visit www.cui.edu/tea
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call (949) 214-3798.
About Concordia University Irvine
Concordia University Irvine prepares students for their vocations—their calling in life. CUI offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and adult degree programs in a beautiful Southern California location in the City of Irvine, with online and regional cohort options. Concordia’s undergraduate program is distinctive among universities in California because of its nationally recognized Core Curriculum, and its Lutheran heritage that provides a thoughtful and caring Christian community that lives out the theology of "Grace Alone. Faith Alone."
Concordia is a U.S. News
Top Tier Regional University and has been named by The Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the fastest growing private nonprofit master's institutions. CUI enrolls over 4,000 students.
# # #