Tutor Job Description
The Student Success Department is committed to helping students achieve academic success in core and subject courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with supervising professor for training and course materials, as necessary
- Schedule tutoring sessions in the online system according to availability. Provide manager with schedule for prior approval
- Provide supervisor with your tutoring schedule
- Complete and hand in all required paperwork, manage and document tutoring sessions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong GPA in college coursework
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide an active learning experience for students by explaining difficult concepts and providing examples for explorations
- Ability to connect with students, use active listening skills to provide the best learning experience according to the needs of the student
- Openness to training and skills development
- Ability to work with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Serve as a positive role model