Tutor Job Description
The Student Success Department is committed to helping students achieve academic success in core and subject courses through tutoring services, workshops and interactive online tutorials.
Under the direction of the Director of Tutoring Services, tutors would facilitate sessions at designated centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend mandatory training sessions and required workshops
- Flexibility with regard to work environment
- Schedule tutoring sessions in the online system according to availability. Provide manager with schedule for prior approval
- Be punctual for all scheduled tutoring sessions
- Complete and hand in all required paperwork, manage and document tutoring sessions
- Provide weekly updates and meet with Director of Tutoring Services regarding progress, issues, successes and or challenges
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong GPA in college coursework
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide an active learning experience for students by explaining difficult concepts and providing examples for explorations
- Ability to connect with students, use active listening skills to provide the best learning experience according to the needs of the student
- Openness to training and skills development
- Ability to work with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Serve as a positive role model