CUI Parent Connection Association (CUIPCA)
The CUI Parent Connection Association (CUI PCA) is a free organization that encourages parents and family members of current CUI students to share their talents, experiences, and resources to stay connected throughout their students' journey.
Led by the Office of Family Relations and parent volunteers, the CUI PCA:
- Organizes parent volunteer opportunities at various events and activities
- Supports the connection of parents to other parents, students, and alumni via CUI Connect, our gateway to the Eagle Network for job opportunities, mentoring, internships, and more
- Promotes involvement through parent panels, current parent to new parent engagement, and parent to student advice
- Encourages philanthropy for the benefit of student scholarships and grants for on-campus clubs and organizations
Whether you live near or far, each parent can be an integral part of the CUI PCA. There are numerous opportunities to get involved at any level throughout your student's time at CUI, and beyond!
Join the CUI PCA online
Join CUI Connect
CUI PCA Council
Are you interested in making an impact? Consider serving on the CUI Parent Connection Association Council! Members of the CUI PCA Council serve as ambassadors of Concordia University Irvine and support various administrative and financial needs of the University while encouraging other parents to do the same.
CUI PCA Council members make significant contribution to the University by:
- Remaining aware of current news and events of the University and staying informed by reading the CUI Magazine, Parent E-agle e-newsletters,
- Providing feedback on the best way to communicate to parents through general outreach and solicitation initiatives.
- Welcoming all first-year parents in the summer prior to their child’s start at the University with a welcome letter that provides key dates and direction to communications and other relevant resources.
- Contacting parents of current CUI students every fall semester on behalf of the college to gain feedback on their child’s experience.
- Giving annually to Concordia University at a level with which they are personally comfortable. Pacesetters is CUI’s leadership giving society beginning at $1,000.
- Being an “on-call” resource for staff in the Office of Admissions to contact parents of prospective students and answer questions about and advocate for the University. Assist the University in recruiting “good fit” students (and parents).
- Attending semi-annual CUI PCA Council meetings that coincide with Parents Day (Fall) and Commencement (Spring) to hear updates from the President and other college administrators along with future strategic direction of the University.
- Providing introductions to those that may have an ability to directly impact the experiences of our students through internships, partnerships, and giving.
- Actively participate on CUI Connect by being “willing to help” be a mentor, offer internships, review resumes, and engage other users as available.
- Prepare and participate in CUI PCA Council Meetings, which are held twice a year at Parents Day in the Fall and Graduation in the Spring. Total time: approximately 6 hours/year.
- Actively serve on at least one committee. Total time: varies/ flexible with schedule.
- Attend annual events such as Parents Day (September), Gala of Stars (April), and other activities hosted by CUI University Advancement. Total time: varies/ flexible with schedule.
- Participate in personal donor contacts and volunteer recruiting. Total time: varies/ flexible with schedule.
The CUI PCA Council shall consist of between 5 and 21 members of the CUI Parent Connection Association with a current student who has attended CUI for at least one year. In addition, there shall be between 3 and 9 members of the CUI Parent Connection Association with a current first-year student.
Apply for the CUI PCA Council today! Applications accepted until Sept. 30, 2018.
Tamara Sauer '02
Director of Alumni & Family Relations
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612