Group Study Room Policies
Need a place for your study group to hit the books? The Library has 6 study rooms available for checkout! Make sure to bring your ID and at least one other person to the circulation desk, and we will check out the room to you.
- Group Study Rooms (Rooms 103, 105, 107, 109, 111, 115B) are a service of the Library. They are only to Concordia Students and they must be checked out. Rooms 105 and 115B are reserved specifically for Academic Coaches, but they may be checked out if the rooms are available.
- Study Rooms are available for group study sessions and discussions related to academic courses. They are not intended for meetings, conferences, training, office hours, or personal use.
- Group Study Rooms are intended for USE BY 2 OR MORE PERSONS. They will not be checked out to individuals. The partner or group must be present at the front desk when checking out a Group Study Room, otherwise the individual must wait for their group or another person of their group to arrive.
- Students wanting to use the Group Study Rooms must show a current Concordia ID card (or in some instances such as graduate students—a picture ID and E# are acceptable).
- There are NO advanced reservations accepted for Group Study Rooms. The only exclusion is reservations made for library and university events. Requests are granted on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- There is a two-hour time limit per group, except when no one is waiting.
- Group Study Rooms may not be used to store things (i.e. backpacks, computers). Leaving a group study room briefly to look for materials is okay; however, leaving for longer periods of time will result in the student being asked to vacate the room when they return.
- No food or drinks (except water bottles and light snacks) are allowed in the rooms. This is the policy for the entire library. Delivery of food to the library is not permitted.
- Do not mark on the walls. White board erasers are available at the front desk.
- Speak softly so as to not disturb other students. The rooms are not soundproof.
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in library privileges to be revoked.