Academic Coaching Center
The goal of the Academic Coaching Center is to provide students with academic support services that promote active learning and encourage collaboration among faculty, coaches and students within our diverse community.
Toward this goal, we assist our students in achieving their academic goals through our academic-support services that include: student-centered peer coaching, workshops and peer-collaborative small groups.
Need a Coach?
Are you struggling with your school work? Or stressed out? Our coaches will:
- Work to provide an active learning experience for their students by explaining difficult concepts and providing examples for exploration.
- Encourage, inspire, motivate, and enable students to develop confidence in their academic abilities.
- Enable students to become independent and fearless lifelong learners eager to explore learning and create lives that will inspire others.
Become a Coach
Is coaching for you?
- Are you knowledgeable in your subject area(s) and able to teach others?
- Are you a team player who is patient and committed to the success of others?
- Would you like to earn extra money and work on campus?
- Would you like work experience that looks good on a resume or college application?
To become a coach, see Academic Coach Job Description.