Make an Appointment
The CUI Writing Studio offers two types of appointments:
1. In-person Consultation
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, all Writing Studio appointments for undergraduate and graduate students will now take place online. Please proceed to the Writing Studio schedule for further instructions at https://cui.mywconline.com.
2. Email Submission (Online/remote students, graduate students, and faculty/staff only)
If you are currently enrolled in an online course, graduate program, dual credit course, or the nursing program at Concordia University Irvine, you are eligible to submit papers to our Online Writing Lab (OWL) and receive written feedback from one of our professional writing consultants. CUI faculty and staff members are also welcome to submit syllabi, assignment prompts, journal articles, book chapters, and/or creative work.
As with an in-person or video consultation, writing consultant feedback will address global concerns in your paper, such as the clarity of your ideas, organization, structure, format, and style. Although our consultants will not proofread or line-edit your work, they will point out patterns of grammatical or stylistic errors and offer suggestions for improvement.
Uploading your paper to the OWL is easy:
- Register and login to our online scheduling system.
- Make sure you are viewing the “OWL Email Submissions” schedule by clicking the dropdown menu at the top of the calendar and selecting “OWL Email Submissions.”
- To upload your paper, select an open “appointment” time by clicking on a white box and filling out the appointment form.
- Once the form is filled out, you will be able to upload your paper.
- You will receive feedback via email within two business days of your scheduled submission day and time.
Upload a paper now!