In addition to the amazing professional staff team within the Residential Education and Services (RES) department, there is also a group of student staff members who assist in running the day-to-day operations of our office.
Resident Assistants (RA)
Resident Assistants work closely with a live-in professional staff member (Resident Director) to build a Christ-centered, living and learning community. Responsibilities and expectations include the following:
- Intentionally engage their residents in conversation.
- Develop relationships with their residents.
- Organize programs which bring the community together and encourage learning outside of the classroom.
- Resolve conflict and provide initial care in student crisis.
- Confront and document violations of the Concordia Code of Conduct.
- Serve as a Christian role model and an example of what it means to be a wise, honorable and cultivated citizen.
Summer Resident Assistants
Students who are interested in becoming an RA who may not have the time during the school year have the opportunity to become Summer Resident Assistants. Summer RA’s work with the RES professional staff to provide a fun and safe environment for students living on campus during the Summer. Responsibilities for Summer RA’s are the same as a regular RA but also include the following:
- Help summer residents check in and out of their rooms.
- Facilitate weekly programs for students living on campus.
- Work CU Active.
- Work in the RES office and assist students who need:
- Resources and referrals
- Bike rentals
- Equipment checkouts
Office Managers are student staff members who work at the front desk of the Office of Residential Education & Services (RES) and the Office of Housing Services. They work closely with students who come to the RES and Housing Offices as well as the RES professional staff members. Responsibilities for the Desk Attendants include:
- Interacting with students and other guests who come to the RES or Housing Offices.
- Handing out/collecting RES documents.
- Scheduling student meetings with professional staff.
- Answering question and referring students to appropriate office and/or contact persons at CUI.
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls.
- Performing tasks and completing projects as assigned by RES professional staff.