2017 Year-End Giving to Concordia
Concordia University Irvine wishes to thank our generous donors for their continued prayers and philanthropic support in 2017. If you are looking to make a year-end gift to Concordia University Irvine, please review the following guidelines. Offices may be closed, but we stand ready to serve you.
Gifts by Check
- According to the IRS, checks sent in the mail need a USPS postmark of Saturday, December 30 or earlier to receive 2017 tax credit. A USPS postmark of December 30 or earlier is valid regardless of when we receive the check.
- Checks should be made payable to Concordia University and mailed to:
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612-3203
- The deadline for gifts sent by Fed Ex, certified mail, etc. are counted as the date received at the university. These must be received by the university by noon on December 29.
Gifts by Credit Card
- Credit cards gifts are treated differently by the IRS. To qualify for a 2017 tax deduction, the credit card charge needs to be approved by the issuing card company (e.g. MasterCard or VISA) in 2017.
- The university will be closed December 22 - January 1, however a staff member will come to campus and check the mail at noon on December 29 to run credit card gifts received during the week of the closure.
- Gifts can be made securely online at www.cui.edu/giving with real-time processing.
Gifts of Securities
For additional assistance, please call Director of Advancement Services, Wendy Leivan, at (949) 214-3186. During holiday closures, you may call Executive Vice President of University Advancement, Tim Jaeger, at 949-929-6535.
Wishing you a blessed Christmas and all the best in the New Year!