The Center serves both students and the greater community by providing a forum focusing on real-world solutions to public policy issues and presenting relevant and compelling programming.
Center events include the following:
- Presentation of the “Orange County Annual Report" by the Chairman of the Orange County Board of Supervisors
- Bringing nationally known experts in government performance to Orange County
- Hosting periodic programs on important issues for local government professionals
- Conducting “brown bag” discussion with notable elected leaders and policy makers
- Hosting debates by major candidates during the election season
- Placing student interns in key roles with local governments, business, labor, trade association and community groups
- Conducting research on critical issues of local importance
- Recognizing excellence in local government through an annual awards event
In conjunction with the Concordia School of Business, the Center enables students to earn a Certificate in Public Policy as part of an MBA curriculum or on a stand-alone basis.