What is a Director of Christian Education?
The purpose of the Director of Christian Education Program is to equip leaders for ministry who are passionate about the Gospel, God’s people and Christ’s Church. Through four years of coursework and one year of internship, students will be prepared to serve effectively in a congregational setting in the following roles:
- Ministry Leader: Heart for full-time service in the church
- Christian Educator: Strong theological base to teach the Bible
- Care Minister: Dynamic character, willing to listen to and care for the needs of others
- Life Span Minister: Compassion for people of all ages and backgrounds
Upon the successful completion of the Theological Studies: Christian Education Leadership major and the DCE program requirements and upon recommendation of the faculty, students will:
- Receive certification as a DCE by the LCMS.
- Become eligible to receive a call into full-time service in the church.
Important Values of a DCE
- Exhibits Christian character
- Displays a spiritually-maturing faith grounded in the Scriptures and Lutheran Confessions
- Relates well with people of all ages
- Expresses passion for teaching and learning
- Possesses a servant heart
- Manages personal and professional life effectively
- Seeks to work in team relationships
- Strives for excellence
- Operates in a self-directed manner
- Encourages and equips future leaders