During this program of study, each student will:
- Design. Develop an understanding of the dynamic relationship between technology, pedagogy and content in order to creatively apply a variety of technologies to support and assess the attainment of learning outcomes for all students.
- Use. Demonstrate and apply the requisite technical skills and knowledge necessary for effectively and ethically integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Lead. Model servant leadership as applied to the role of an effective and ethical technology steward, by encouraging, supporting, collaborating, and sharing expertise within a professional community.
- Reflect. Demonstrate a balanced, informed, and reflective approach to the integration of technology into the teaching and learning processes.
- Learn. Identify effective strategies for lifelong learning in a global and digital world, including shaping a personal learning network to support continuous professional growth in educational technology.
NOTE: The Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) has defined "educational technology" as "the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources." (from Educational Technology: A Definition and Commentary, Januszewski & Molenda, 2008).