Cornelius Business Plan Competition
- The Concordia University School of Business Cornelius Business Plan Competition provides students and of all majors and alumni an opportunity to participate in the entrepreneurial experience by turning an idea into a business.
- Mentorship and instruction from business professionals enables students to learn, practice, and apply the core competencies of business.
Presenting the Third Annual Cornelius Business Plan Competition on April 7th, 2018
Thank you to the 16 teams who registered for the 2018 Cornelius Business Plan Competition! We are looking forward to this year's event.
Participants of the Competition are asked to write a business plan and present it in front of a panel of judges. The Competition also includes a 90-Second Fast Pitch Competition where contestants must distill their entire business plan into a brief elevator style pitch.
This year's iteration will include a newly added Graduate/Alumni Competition. Students of Concordia's Graduate Programs will be invited to compete alongside graduates of the University in an additional competition separate from the undergraduate students.
Additionally, this year will feature a Business Mixer on Friday, April 6th, 2018 on the Grimm Hall Patio with the competition to follow on Saturday, April 7th in the CU Center. The School of Business cordially invites any and all to join us as we celebrate the spirit of entrepreneurship this spring.
2018 Schedule of Events
- January 31st - Marketing Workshop – Watch Now
- February 28th - Finance & Accounting Workshop - 6:00 PM - Library Arts 123
- March 28th - Presentation Workshop - 6:00 PM - DeNault Auditorium
- April 4th - Bringing it Together Workshop - 6:00 PM - Library Arts 123
- April 6th - Business Plan Competition Mixer - 6:00 PM - 3rd Floor Grimm Hall
- April 7th - Cornelius Business Plan Competition - 9:00 AM - CU Center
Alumni and Graduate Student Competition
Starting this year, the Cornelius Business Plan Competition is proud to present the Alumni and Graduate Student Competition.
2016 Highlight Reel
- $3,000 First Place
- $2,000 Second Place
- $1000 First place in the 90 second Fast Pitch Competition1
- $500 Second Place in the 90 second Fast Pitch Competition
- In-Kind Business Services Provided to all winners
School of Business
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612