Cornelius Business Plan Competition
- The Concordia University School of Business Cornelius Business Plan Competition provides undergraduate students of all majors an opportunity to participate in the entrepreneurial experience by turning an idea into a business.
- Mentorship and instruction from business professionals enables students to learn, practice, and apply the core competencies of business.
Presenting the Third Annual Cornelius Business Plan Competition on April 7th, 2018
Registration for the 2018 Cornelius Business Plan Competition is now open!
Participants of the Competition are asked to write a business plan and present it in front of a panel of judges. The Competition also includes a 90-Second Fast Pitch Competition where contestants must distill their entire business plan into a brief elevator style pitch.
This year's iteration will include a newly added Graduate/Alumni Competition. Students of Concordia's Graduate Programs will be invited to compete alongside graduates of the University in an additional competition separate from the undergraduate students.
Additionally, this year will feature a Business Mixer on Friday, April 6th, 2018 on the Grimm Hall Patio with the competition to follow on Saturday, April 7th in the CU Center. The School of Business cordially invites any and all to join us as we celebrate the spirit of entrepreneurship this spring.
2018 Schedule of Events
- January 10th - Ideation Workshop - 6:00 PM - DeNault Auditorium
- January 26th - Registration Closes for Undergraduate and Graduate/Alumni Track
- January 31st - Marketing Workshop - 6:00 PM - DeNault Auditorium
- February 28th - Finance & Accounting Workshop - 6:00 PM - DeNault Auditorium
- March 28th - Bringing it Together Workshop - 6:00 PM - DeNault Auditorium
- April 4th - Presentation Workshop - 6:00 PM - DeNault Auditorium
- April 6th - Business Plan Competition Mixer - 6:00 PM - 3rd Floor Grimm Hall
- April 7th - Cornelius Business Plan Competition - 9:00 AM - CU Center
2016 Highlight Reel
- $3,000 First Place
- $2,000 Second Place
- $1000 First place in the 90 second Fast Pitch Competition1
- $500 Second Place in the 90 second Fast Pitch Competition
- In-Kind Business Services Provided to all winners
School of Business
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612