Irvine, CA (May 4, 2018) –– After prayerful consideration, the Board of Regents has voted unanimously to continue the search process and to select an interim president. President Kurt Krueger will become President Emeritus and is appointed Interim President of Concordia University Irvine effective July 1, 2018. This appointment will continue through the 2018-2019 fiscal year or until a president is elected by the Board of Regents or as otherwise determined by the Board of Regents.
The Board of Regents wishes to commend and express its deepest appreciation to:
- Rev. Dr. Steve Mueller and Rev. Dr. Scott Ashmon (who earlier this week removed himself from consideration for the presidency).
- All the candidates who allowed their names to stand in nomination.
- The Presidential Search Committee which provided invaluable and tireless work to this process.
- The trustees, faculty, staff, and students for their participation in the process, especially the listening forums and surveys.
- President Kurt and Val Krueger for their exemplary and faithful service to Concordia University Irvine.
The Board of Regents is deeply thankful for your prayers and ask that you continue to keep the university and search process in fervent prayer as God continues to lead us to our next president.
The Board of Regents
Concordia University Irvine
ABOUT CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY IRVINE
Concordia University Irvine (CUI) is a non-profit Lutheran Christian liberal arts four-year university that prepares students for their vocations—their calling in life. A member of CCCU, Concordia offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in education, nursing, theology, business, and athletics administration. CUI’s undergraduate program is distinctive because of its nationally recognized core curriculum, Enduring Questions & Ideas, and its Lutheran heritage that provides a thoughtful and caring Christian community that lives out the theology of "Grace Alone. Faith Alone." Concordia is a U.S. News Top Tier Regional University and has been named by The Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the fastest growing private nonprofit master's institutions. The university is part of the Concordia University System, the second largest education ministry system in the United States just behind the Catholic Church. The NCAA DII private university enrolls over 4,000 students annually.