Professor of Theatre
- Indiana University, Bloomington, MFA in Directing,
- University of Louisville, B.A. in English and Theatre Arts,
- University of Birmingham's summer Shakespeare course in Stratford-upon-Avon, England
- Adjunct Instructor, Concordia University, River Forest, IL 1992-1998
- Co-Artistic Director, Circle Theatre, Forest Park, IL 1998-2000
- Artistic Director, Theatre of Western Springs, Western Springs, IL 1998-2004
- Producing Artistic Director, New American Theater, Rockford, IL 2004-2006
- Concordia University since 2007
Tony has directed over 75 productions for professional, community, and university stages. Concordia directing credits include: Metamorphoses, Hamlet, Reckless, Pride and Prejudice and his own adaptation of the book Ten Days in a Madhouse. He is a 2011 recipient of the Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival Excellence in Education Award.
Previously, Tony was co-artistic director of Circle Theatre, a Chicago non-Equity professional theatre and artistic director of the Theatre of Western Springs, a large community theatre. Chicago-area credits include: Anna Karenina, The Tempest, Tartuffe, and American Buffalo. Later, he was producing artistic director of New American Theater (Equity SPT 7) where his credits included: Around the World in 80 Days, Bad Dates, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Locally, he has directed for the Chance Theater.
Tony served as producing artistic director of Concordia's professional theatre Looseleaf Theatre Co. (Equity, Guest Artist) where he has directed Twelfth Night, As You Like It, The Comedy of Errors, The Merchant of Venice, Romeo and Juliet, and Two Gentlemen of Verona.
Tony's teaching has also involved travel. He was a visiting professor (in 2014) and then full-time professor (2016) on Concordia's Around the World semester - teaching and serving in 10 countries over 20 weeks. In 2018 he served as a visiting professor of acting for the Huace Film Academy at the Zhejiang University of Media and Communications in Hangzhou, China.
Tony and his family attend St. John's Lutheran Church in Orange.