DCE Program Requirements
The academic requirements for the DCE program include the following:
- General Education (54-55 units)
- Normally completed during the first two years of attendance.
- Major Requirements (46 units)
- Christ College Certificate Requirements (21 units)
- Suggested Minors:
- Additional DCE Program Requirements:
- CED 201: Introduction to DCE Ministry (3 units)
- CED 390: DCE Ministry Practicum (3 total units; 1 at a time)
- CED 401: DCE Ministry Seminar/Field Work 1 (3 units)
- CED 402: DCE Ministry Seminar/Field Work 2 (3 units)
- CED 490: Internship: DCE Ministry (12 units)
- Internship: Post-Baccalaureate (12 Units)
- The final requirement for DCE certification is a year-long internship, normally following graduation, in a congregation, agency or mission site of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, that will enable students to experience as many aspects of the DCE ministry as possible. While interns register as students under the ultimate direction of the DCE Program director during their internship, they are also paid by the participating congregation or agency and are under the direct supervision of a full-time person in the congregation or agency during this time.
Please read the following disclosure regarding Gainful Employment.
Current students, please note: The requirements listed here may not reflect the most current courses for this program and may not be the requirements for the catalog year you are following to complete your program. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for official requirements you must meet to qualify for a degree.