Admissions Requirements for International Students
- High School GPA 2.8 or above
- SAT score 980 or ACT score of 18*
TOEFL Score 79 or IELTS score of 6.5*
* If TOEFL/IELTS or SAT/ACT score is not met, student can still be eligible for PATHWAY or Conditional Acceptance. Only one test score is required to complete the application process.
The Pathway Program provides eligibility for students who do not meet minimum English proficiency requirements for undergraduate admission.
- High school GPA 2.8
- TOEFL Score of 62-78, IELTS score of 6.0
How to Apply
- Submit the International Undergraduate Application
There are four ways to complete an application:
We are waiving the $50 application fee!
- Submit official transcripts by mailing them to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Official transcript(s)
- Must be in a sealed school-issued envelope
- Transcript can be uploaded to common app by H.S. counselor
- Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all college/universities previously attended
- International transcripts must be evaluated (Suggested Credential Evaluation Services: www.IERF.org, or www.wes.org)
- Students transferring from college/universities abroad must provide proof of English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL (79) or IELTS score (6.5)
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores
- Must be ordered directly from College Board or ACT websites
- Test scores can be uploaded to Common App by a high school counselor
- If test scores are included in official transcripts they will be accepted as official
- Standardized Test School Codes: SAT- 4069; ACT - 0227
- If the SAT has been taken more than once, the best score from each test will be taken
Submit official IELTS or TOEFL Scores
- Can be ordered directly from ETS or IELTS testing centers
- A copy of IELTS scores can be scanned and emailed to admissions counselor
- A copy of TOEFL score can be emailed only if an official copy has been ordered
- Test scores have to be less than 2 years old
- Fulfill Requirements to Obtain the I-20
- These documents are not necessary until AFTER you are accepted
- I-20 will not be generated or released until $500 Enrolment Deposit is submitted
- All required documents can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out I-20 Request Form for New Student
- Submit Photocopy of Passport
- Submit a Bank Balance Statement (less than 6 months old from the first day of classes)
- Proof of Bank Balance of $51,220 (amount subject to change at any time)
- Athletic and Academic Scholarships can subtracted from $51,220
- Must provide National Letter of Intent if receiving Athletic Scholarship
- Submit Affidavit of Financial Support Form
- Must be signed by the person providing the Bank Balance Statement
- If providing more than one Bank Balance Statement, from multiple individuals, we will require an Affidavit of Financial Support for each individual
- Transfer students with an active I-20: (Must submit these additional documents)
- Pay Express Mail Service Request: at study.eshipglobal.com, if you need your I-20 to be mailed to you directly.
- Choose 'Global Programs’ as the department to receive the document from
- If picking up I-20 in person, it must be by the student whose name is in the I-20
||Outside the U.S.
||Inside the U.S.
Submitting Your Application
Once you have completed all the application materials, send them to the following address.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Concordia University, Irvine
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612
If information changes after you have submitted your application - such as your address, current school, in-progress or planned coursework, or other items on your application - you must notify CUI's Office of International Admissions.
Immigration form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility), needed to obtain a student visa, is not issued until the applicant has;
- been officially accepted by the University;
- paid the enrollment fee, and;
- submitted a financial statement indicating how expenses will be met while attending the University.
Regulations of the Immigration and Naturalization Service require that all people on F-1 (student) visas pursue a full course of study at all times. This means that undergraduates must be enrolled in no less than 12 units at all times.
Contact us at the International Undergraduate Admission Office at 949-214-3021.