Visa regulations do allow students to take additional classes at another U.S. school, while maintaining valid visa status at CUI. Visa regulations require that you have approval from PDSO to enroll at another school while enrolled at CUI. You must also speak to your academic counselor to ensure that your course work at another school will satisfy degree requirements at CUI.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Check Eligibility:
- The student is currently in valid F-1 status
- The combined enrollment amounts to a full time (12 units for undergraduate / 6 units for graduate) course of study.
- The student should not enroll in more than 2 classes at another institution/school during the semester.
- The student will take classes at another school during your last semester at CUI, you will need to be enrolled in classes at CUI in addition to the classes you take at another school.
- F-1 student on OPT, you are allowed to enroll in classes at another school/institution during your OPT period.
Step 2: Meet Your Academic Advisor
If you meet eligibility to apply for Concurrent Enrollment, make an appointment with your academic advisor to ensure CUI will accept transfer credit for coursework completed at the second institution.
Step 3: Submit
Submit Concurrent Enrollment Form with Class schedule
Step 4: Pick Up
Pick up the letter from the Office of Global Programs
Note: Processing Time
After you complete and submit the Authorization for Concurrent Enrollment, CUI requires 5 business days for processing.