Welcome Master of International Studies (MAIS) students!
The Wellness Center is here to assist you in maintaining good health, both physically and mentally. As part of the university admission requirements, 2 items need to be met from the Wellness Center before you can register for classes and/or move in to housing:
- Health Form
- Health Insurance
MAIS students are required to submit the Student Health History Form before moving to housing or before the first day of class, whichever comes sooner.
Since most of our MAIS students are US residents, they have the option to waive out of the University Plan by submitting a copy of their health insurance card (front and back) to [email protected]. The deadline for submission is June 28. If you choose to purchase the university plan, there is no further action to take. The premium will be charged to your student account.
The premium for 2013 summer program health insurance is $216 which covers June 15 – July 31, 2013.
For MAIS students, the following criteria must be met in order to waive the student health insurance plan:
- The plan is owned, headquartered and operated in the US.
- The Plan provides primary care services within 50 miles of Concordia University Irvine. The plan pays for hospitalization in the US.
- The plan covers inpatient and outpatient mental health in the US.
- The maximum annual benefit is at least $100,000.
- The coverage will remain in effect throughout your summer program at CUI.