New Undergraduate Students
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) vaccines
- Dose #1 given on or after your 1st birthday
- Dose #2 given at least 30 days after the first dose
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination within the last 10 years
- Meningitis vaccination (Groups A/C/Y/W - 135) at age 16 or older
- This is not the same as your childhood meningitis immunizations.
- TB skin-test (PPD-Mantoux) must be completed within the last 12 months
- Chest x-ray and lab tests are acceptable forms of TB clearance
What if you have lost your childhood immunization record?
You have 2 options:
- A lab test (also known as titer) showing positive antibodies to the MMR is acceptable.
- You may receive the 1st dose of MMR the day of your physical exam.
- Hepatitis A vaccine – 2 doses
- Hepatitis B vaccine – 3 doses
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine – 1 dose or date of disease
- HPV Vaccine – 3 doses
Please contact the Nursing Office at ext.3280 for a detailed list of immunizations and titers required by the University and by the Orange County/Long Beach Consortium for Nursing.