You learn, and then you do...
Holos House is an intentional community that focuses on living a healthy lifestyle. Students living and engaging in Holos House will learn how to live a healthy lifestyle through programs offered exclusively for residents of Holos House. Participation in the Holos House requires a certain level of commitment. Each month will be themed and focused on a different topic related to healthy living. The following themes will be repeated throughout the school year: Body, Mind, Soul, and Heart. Being healthy is more than just being in good physical shape. We want to exercise the body, as well as, the mind, soul, and heart.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
Through active participation in the Holos House Living Learning Community, students will achieve the following goals:
Students will challenge themselves mentally, physically and spiritually. They will be supported by the Holos House RAs and their fellow participating neighbors.
Community Development Goals:
- Keep each other accountable in order to sustain a healthy living environment.
- Engage and participate in several challenging programs.
- Develop relationships with all Holos House residents.
Examples of Activities Include:
- Students will participate in activities that will challenge them physically. They will also gain knowledge from faculty and outside professionals on how to get and stay in shape.
- Students will learn about stress, self-esteem, and other everyday issues students typically run into. Faculty and professional staff will teach ways on how to alleviate stress and provide ways on how to ease the mind.
- Students will get in touch with their spiritual side and participate in activities that allow them to express themselves through art, music and conversation.
- These programs will focus on students discovering how they feel and show love. They will be given opportunities to give back to the community on and off campus.