Internships provide Concordia students an opportunity to gain practical work experience in a variety of fields.
Advantages of Doing Internships
Here are just some advantages an internship offers:
- Gain knowledge about a chosen field and general work functions
- Apply classroom theory to real work situations
- Investigate the organization’s culture
- Develop and identify career-related and transferable skills
- Internships enhance your resume
- Internships allow you to network and meet people within your field
- Internships serve as a link between college and work
According to a recent Job Report from the National Association of Colleges and Employers, 80.9% of new college hires had either a co-op or internship experience.
US Department of Labor Fact Sheet on Internship Programs
Find an Internship