Top 10 reasons to give to the Concordia Fund
Give to the Concordia Fund
- Because we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us.
The times and opportunities alumni had at Concordia were a direct result of the financial support of previous generations. It’s your turn to offer your shoulders to the next generation.
- College isn’t cheap.
Nationwide, the number of students needing aid has roughly doubled in the last ten years. Scholarships keep them from accumulating even more debt from loans.
- Stop the bad; start the good. Nurses save lives. Scientists discover cures. Teachers develop character. Artists inspire. Businessmen solve problems. Concordia Irvine prepares all of them.
- Change the world. You may not be able to jump on a plane to Africa to end malaria or spread the Gospel, but our students can, and do.
- Giving is the antidote to materialism. “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.” 1 Timothy 6:17-19
- You’ll get a better return than Wall Street. It’s simple math: Increased alumni giving = higher rankings. Higher rankings = brand awareness. Brand awareness = greater market value. Greater market value = stronger diploma. Stronger diploma = better jobs.
- Make room for cups in your car’s cup holder. We’d love for you to give with a checkbook or credit card. But every gift counts – even the spare change you have in between seat cushions, inside jacket pockets and cup holders.
- The silent scholarship. Every student at Concordia receives aid in the form of a well-controlled tuition bill. Gifts to the Concordia Fund help the university maintain a low and competitive tuition cost for students.
- It just feels good. “Give to others, and God will give to you. Indeed, you will receive a full measure, a generous helping, poured into your hands—all that you can hold. The measure you use for others is the one that God will use for you.” Luke 6:38
- Because this place is home. Home is where you feel simultaneously anchored and encouraged to soar. Home is where you are defined by who you are, not by what you do. Home is comforting, unexpected, challenging and peaceful.
Here are 8 important questions every donor can (and should) ask.