- Concordia University, Irvine, CA, B.A. 1996
- Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL, M.A. 2003
- Biola University, La Mirada, CA, PhD 2011
- Faith Lutheran Church, Huntington Beach, CA, 1998-2007
- Concordia University, Irvine, CA 2007
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, 2007-2011
- Pacific Southwest District LC-MS, Irvine, CA, 2011-Present
Dave Rueter began a unique call to serve both Concordia University as Assistant Professor of Christian Education and the Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod as Youth and Family Ministry Facilitator in 2011. Dave comes to both Concordia and the district with professional experience as a DCE having interned in Texas and served two congregations in Southern California. Dave’s academic career includes a B.A. in Religious Studies: Christian Education Leadership from Concordia University, Irvine, a Masters in Faith and Culture from Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL, and he has just completed his PhD in Educational Studies from Biola University’s Talbot School of Theology in La Mirada, CA where he conducted a study on the connection between Confirmation instructional methods and ongoing student connectedness with their congregations. Dave has always had a heart for the larger church having served as a committee member for several Jr. High District Youth Gatherings, a High School District Youth Gathering, and a National Youth Gathering. He has also served the Body of Christ through speaking at youth gatherings and at conferences of professional church workers. Dave and his wife, Andrea, live in Anaheim with their son James. As a family they enjoy camping, Angels games, Disneyland, and as much travel as a young family can pull off.