Dean, Christ College
Professor of Theology
Beta 209A Ph: (949) 854-3386
- Ph.D. Durham University (England)
- S.T.M. Concordia Theological Seminary
- M.Div. Concordia Theological Seminary
- B.A. Christ College Irvine
- Teaching Assistant, Concordia Theological Seminary & Director of Choral and Handbell Music, Bethany Lutheran Church, Ft. Wayne, Indiana. 1990-1991
- Asst. Pastor, Redeemer Lutheran Church Sioux City Iowa 1991-1995
- Concordia University since 1995
Teaching & Research Interests
- Systematic Theology: Christian Doctrine, Lutheran Confessions
- World Religions
- C.S. Lewis
- The Lutheran Study Bible. St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 2010. (Contributor and Associate Editor).
- Called to Believe, Teach, and Confess: An Introduction to Doctrinal Theology. Wipf and Stock, 2005. (author/editor).
- Not a Tame God: Christ in the Writings of C. S. Lewis. Concordia Publishing House, 2002.
- Theologia et Apologia: Essays in Reformation Theology and its Defense, Wipf and Stock, 2007. (contributor and co-editor)
- Called to Believe: A Brief Introduction to Christian Doctrine. Wipf and Stock, 2006 (author/editor)
- “Christ the Word of God Incarnate.” Hymn Text. Lutheran Service Book, 2006.
- “The Lion, the Witch, and the Savior.” The Lutheran Witness, December 2005.
- “Beyond Mere Christianity: An Assessment of C.S. Lewis.” Christian Research Journal, Sept/Oct 2004.
- “Born Again. . . and Again and Again.” The Lutheran Witness 117:10 (October 1998).
- Worship. Lutheran Difference Bible Study Series, Concordia Publishing House, 2004.
- Miracles of Jesus, Concordia Publishing House, 2001.
- Parables of Jesus, Concordia Publishing House, 2000.
- Journey Through God’s Word: An Introductory Course: Revelation. Concordia Publishing House, 1999.
- Journey Through God’s Word: An Introductory Course: Psalms. Concordia Publishing House, 1999.
- “Christ, the Word of God, Incarnate.” (tune: Holy Manna). Lutheran Service Book, 2006. Also included in Christian Worship Supplement. Northwestern, 2008.
- “In Many Times and Various Ways.” (tune: Winchester Old). Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, 2009.
- “Loving Father, You Have Made Us.” (tune: Suo Gan). 2010.
- "Lord You Call Us as Your People.” (tune: Joyous Light). Commissioned for the Inauguration of Dr. Kurt Krueger, President of Concordia University Irvine, 2010.
- “Unto Jerusalem.” (tune: Southwell). Concordia University, 2011.
- “Your Word Brought Forth the Universe.” Forthcoming.