Make an Appointment
The CUI Writing Studio offers three types of appointments:
1. In-person Consultation
Meet at our Writing Studio (located in the library) for a 30-minute session with one of our writing consultants. Here at the Writing Studio, we believe that writers of all levels and in all academic disciplines can benefit from engaging in genuine dialogue about their writing. We offer feedback to all types of writers at any stage in the writing process -- from brainstorming, to clarifying and organizing ideas, to polishing format and style. We hope to see you soon!
Schedule an appointment now!
2. Online Video Consultation
For students who cannot visit our Writing Studio in person because of distance and/or time constraints, we now offer 30-minute videoconferencing sessions via an online platform called Zoom. You can sign up for a videoconference using the same scheduling system as an in-person consultation. If you indicate on your appointment form that you would like an “Online Video Consultation,” you will receive an email shortly before your scheduled appointment time with a link to a Zoom videoconference with one of our writing consultants.
For more details on scheduling video appointments and using Zoom software: Zoom Online Consultation Guide
3. Email Submission (Graduate and online students only)
If you are currently enrolled as a graduate student or are taking an online course at Concordia, you are eligible to submit papers to our Online Writing Lab (OWL) and receive written feedback from one of our graduate-level writing consultants.
As with an in-person or video consultation, writing consultant feedback will address global concerns in your paper, such as the clarity of your ideas, organization, structure, format, and style. Although our consultants will not proofread or line-edit your work, they will point out patterns of grammatical or stylistic errors and offer suggestions for improvement.
Uploading your paper to the OWL is easy:
- Register and login to our online scheduling system.
- Make sure you are viewing the “OWL Email Submissions” schedule by clicking the dropdown menu at the top of the calendar and selecting “OWL Email Submissions.”
- To upload your paper, select an open “appointment” time by clicking on a white box and filling out the appointment form.
- Once the form is filled out, you will be able to upload your paper.
- You will receive feedback via email within two business days of your scheduled submission day and time.
Upload a paper now!