Marketing Approval Policy
ASCUI Communications Director: Celina Stratton (ASCUI.Comm@cui.edu)
Mission/Purpose: To maintain university integrity through a Christ-like manner via communication.
General Marketing Guidelines
These guidelines are to be applied for any type of advertisement or marketing technique.
- All advertisements must be neat, professional, in color, and visually appealing.
- All written advertisements must have legible handwriting, no crooked edges, and no visible tape.
**For Boxed Breezeway Posters, make sure the image is not pixelated since it will be enlarged. These large posters will be hung in a locked Gym Breezeway box by the CSLD Frontdesk.**
- All paper posters, handouts, and door decs must be hung using blue tape on the back of the image. Ads posted on kiosks or bulletin boards must be hung with thumb tacks.
- There may not be any spelling or grammatical errors.
- All advertisements must include:
Submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance before the event to ensure there is adequate time to print, schedule and post your advertisement.
All posters must be removed within 24 hours of the end of the event. If your event has no end date, please update advertisements every 2 weeks.
Once an advertisement has been approved, alterations or changes will be permitted and accepted only with a new submitted request.
Profanity, offensive material, the promotion or implication of the illegal use of alcohol or drugs, or any violations of federal or state law, and school policies/conduct codes is not permissible.
- Event name
- The organization sponsoring the event
- Time with “a.m.” or “p.m.”
- Prices (if applicable)
- Bus availability (if applicable)
Failure to follow the process and policy will lead to the removal of all improper posters and they will be stored in the CSLD for pick up or thrown away.
Electronic Marketing Approval
In an effort to be more eco-friendly and efficient, we require marketing submissions (except Boxed Breezeway and Butcher Paper Posters--these need to be approved in the CSLD) to use our electronic marketing approval Google Form. Submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance before the event to ensure there is adequate time to print, schedule and post your advertisement. The process’ steps are outlined on the following page.
Door Decs, Small Posters, and Handouts
- Visit Poster Request Form
- Select marketing type(s)
- Fill out the appropriate information regarding name, dates, email, contact info., etc.
- Submit once completed
- You will be notified within 2 business days if your advertisement has been approved
a. If approved, the CSLD will apply an electronic stamp and date on the document and email the final
image to you for printing.
- Email the Copy Center for print and carbon copy (“C.C.”) firstname.lastname@example.org
*Boxed Breezeway and Butcher Paper Posters must be approved in the CSLD with a paper submission form*
Types of Advertisements
- The Eagle Insider: This is a weekly events’ email that is sent to all students every Sunday. Event
information must be submitted by the Wednesday at 12 p.m. prior to the following week’s Eagle Insider.
- Toilet Talks: Themed bi-weekly flyer posted in all bathrooms on campus. Toilet Talks’ marketing
requests are not available. The ASCUI Communications Director will not accept content requests to
be posted in this type of advertisement.
- Boxed Breezeway Poster:
- Printed posters placed in the black boxes in the Gym Breezeway
- Maximum submissions per event: 1 poster
- Poster dimensions: 23”x 27” or 19”x 28”
**There is a limited available space, therefore posters (and Eagle Insider events) will be prioritized by the ASCUI Communications Director
based on target audience, time of event, and relevance.**
- Butcher Paper Poster:
- Handmade posters made exclusively in the CSLD with paints and markers, and white butcher paper.
- Maximum submissions per event: 4 posters
- Poster dimensions: 3’ x 6’ (unless otherwise approved by the ASCUI Communications Director)
Boxed Breezeway and Butcher Paper Posters must be approved in the CSLD with a paper submission form.
Fill out the Student Leadership, Clubs, and Organizations Submission Form in the CSLD correctly and attach it to
your creation. Submit advertisements to the poster station in the CSLD.
- Handout/Door Dec:
- Maximum submissions per event: 100 Handouts and 395 Door Decs
- Handout dimensions: 8 ½” x 11”, Door Dec dimensions: 4.25” x 5.5”
- Handouts are not small posters and should only be utilized for fundraising events, Involvement
Fairs, or other promotions in a table/booth setting outside or inside the dining hall.
- Small Poster:
- Maximum submissions per event: 15 posters
- Posters dimensions: 11” x 17” or 8 ½” x 11”
(unless otherwise approved by the Communications Director)
- MyCUI Banner: Visit MyCUI Promotion Policy
||Type of Advertisement
|Eagle's Landing Windows
||Butcher Paper Posters
|Gym Breezeway boxes
||Boxed Breezeway Posters
|Bulletin board in mailbox alcove
|Grimm Hall bulletin boards in stairwells
|Bulletin board in Eagle Landing
|Library Arts Building entrance windows
|Residence halls and lounges
||-Butcher Paper Posters/Small Posters
- Entrances to Sigma & Rho, RPC, Sigma Square windows
- Door Decs (dorm doors)
**If a student group wants assistance from RA's in hanging door decs, they must be delivered to RES on Monday before 4 p.m. or the advertisements cannot be posted by RA's.**
||Small Posters (max 2)
- No job or apartment rooms postings
Additional Permission is needed for:
- Table tents in the dining hall (approval required by Bon Appetit Manager, Rafael Covarrubias)
- Advertisements in the dining hall (approval required by Bon Appetit Manager, Rafael Covarrubias)
- Library (approval required by the Director of the Library Services, Carolina Barton)
- Classroom and departmental bulletin boards (see designated department)
Poster Request Form
- Gym Breezeway walls, windows and concrete columns
- Grimm Hall (other than bulletin boards)
- Sidewalks (No chalk advertisements)
- Light poles
- Interior painted surfaces
- Front glass office doors & buildings
- Residence halls’/buildings’ bathrooms