Welcome to the Neighborhood!
The WINGS Learning Community is designed to provide students with the support needed to make a successful transition from high school to college. The community is designed to provide residents with a safe, orderly, and highly structured environment in which to live, learn and work.
The living community will offer a curriculum centered on the development of cognitive behaviors (studying, time management, etc.) and non-cognitive behaviors (Self-Concept, Realistic Self-Appraisal, Understanding Multiculturalism, Long Range Goals, Leadership, Developing Support Networks, and Community Involvement). In addition, a variety of programming will include on and off campus activities, monthly service learning projects, cohort retreats, and more.
Learning Goals and Objectives
Through your active participation in the WINGS Learning Community, you will achieve the following goals.
Academic goals, objectives, and learning outcomes will be outlined by the Faculty in Residence or
Professional Staff in Residence.
Community Development Goals:
- Develop and demonstrate the study skills, time management, personal discipline, and self-efficacy needed to graduate from Concordia University, Irvine.
- Organize and lead at least one event or community outreach
- Demonstrate and/or improve organizational skills to realize goals.
- Explore how to engage the CUI community and create a substantive event related to personal leadership.
- Develop relationships with all WINGS residents.
- Cultivate a sense of citizenship as an individual, a house community and beyond through participation in a variety of experiences that develop personal and interpersonal skills.