New Student Checklist
To ensure that your matriculation into our university is as smooth as possible, please use the checklist below.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This can be done online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. All students applying for institutional aid must file a FAFSA. School code is 013885.
- Submit your $500 Enrollment Deposit (non-refundable) to the Office of Admissions to secure your spot. Upon doing this, you will receive information on housing, the enrollment process, and other student services. $500 must be submitted in order to secure your place in the residence halls and your future at Concordia University. Enrollment Deposits may be made online or by calling (949) 214-3073.
- Complete and submit the Housing Application and License Agreement online at http://housing.cui.edu/ per the information you received in your Acceptance Packet (on-campus students only)
- Complete and submit the Undergraduate Health/Immunization Form by August 1 for the Fall semester or by December 1 for the Spring semester.
- Complete Tuition, Room & Board payment.
- Submit official transcripts from your previous schools to the Admissions Office.
Freshmen: high school transcript(s), AP test score(s).
Transfers: college transcript(s).
- Check MyRecords weekly to see if you have any HOLDs. HOLDs will be placed by the Bursar Office, Office of Financial Aid, or Wellness Center for any outstanding paperwork you have yet to submit. HOLDs will delay your Clearance process at Orientation.
- Familiarize yourself with the New Student Booklet.
- View your class schedule by accessing MyRecords. On your Class Schedule page, you can purchase your books online by clicking on the "Buy Textbooks" link which will show you the books needed for each class.
- Plan your travel and lodging (parents/guests) for orientation.
- Check your Eagles email weekly, as the University will be communicating to you via this route.
- The Office of FYE is on Facebook! Check us out at Concordia University Irvine - First Year Experience. Connect with your classmates, roommates, and PALs!
Contact the Office of First-Year Experience Programs & Initiatives at (949) 214-3065 or email email@example.com. The Office of First-Year Experience Programs & Initiatives has been diligently planning orientation. CUI's orientation hosts a variety of fun-filled activities where you are able to meet your Peer Advising Leader (PAL), fellow classmates, faculty, and campus resources while learning what Concordia is all about. Your attendance and participation in orientation is highly encouraged.