Plan ahead; have your resources in place before you need them. While in college, spend 30 minutes per month in career related activities; upon graduation you are more likely to have a clear action plan.
What is Networking?
- It is the art of actively getting to know people
- It is said that it is Who you know not What you know
- Networking is a vital part of career development and job hunting
- Connecting with family, friends, church members, Concordia's faculty and staff, visitors at career events
- Contacts from volunteer and internship experiences
- Joining an association in your field
- Using Social Networking for the job search
- Being prepared to quickly introduce yourself