Who: Dr. Jeff Held, conductor
Esther Parkhurst, flute
Michael Miller, flute & clarinet
Elizabeth Dobbin, viola & soprano
Karissa Lystrup, organ
Chase Chandler, Ben Hunter, Colin Hacker, David Rodriguez, trumpets
What: Concordia Sinfonietta - Home Concert
Fresh off of its tour in Wisconsin, the Concordia Sinfonietta will present a concert of chamber orchestra music, featuring talented student soloists.
- Bach - Suite #3 (viola solo)
- Handel - Eternal Source of Light Divine (trumpet, soprano & orchestra)
- Vivaldi - Concerto for 2 Flutes, Strings, and Continuo
- Buxtehude - Prelude, Fugue, and Chaconne (organ solo)
- Ordonez - Symphony in C Major
- Martini - Sonata for 4 Trumpets, Strings, and Continuo
- Finzi - Bagatelles (clarinet & orchestra)
- Britten - Fanfare for St. Edmundsbury (3 trumpets)
- C. Guebert (‘10) - Ode and Flourish for St. Edmundsbury (after Britten)
- (orchestra and organ)
When: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:00 PM
Where: Concordia University Irvine | Good Shepherd Chapel | 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612
Tickets: $10 general/$8 seniors/Students and children are free | Purchase tickets online or through our box office: firstname.lastname@example.org / 949.214.3418.
About Concordia University Irvine:
Concordia University Irvine prepares students for their vocations—their calling in life. CUI offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and adult degree programs in a beautiful Southern California location, with online and regional cohort options. Concordia’s undergraduate program is distinctive among universities in California because of its nationally recognized Core Curriculum, and its Lutheran heritage that provides a thoughtful and caring Christian community that lives out the theology of "Grace Alone. Faith Alone."
Concordia is a U.S.News Top Tier Regional University and has been named by The Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the fastest growing private nonprofit master's institutions. CUI enrolls over 4,000 students.
Director of Communications
Concordia University Irvine