Welcome Prospective Students
There are various types of financial assistance that can help you cover the costs associated with college. CUI offers a wide array of scholarship programs. Every student is considered for an academic scholarship as long as a complete application for admission, transcripts and test scores have been received. For a complete listing of all types of aid you may be eligible for, visit our Types of Aid page.
Financial Aid - Getting Started
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To apply for need-based aid, please complete the FAFSA and have your information sent to CUI, specify the CUI school code — 013885. To ensure you get the best financial package, be sure to complete a FAFSA by March 2. The FAFSA on the Web Worksheet is available for your convenience to print and complete before going online. Please note: the FAFSA is a free application. Click here for facts on Financial Aid Consultants and Scholarship Search Services.
Obtaining your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
The student, and one parent if a dependent student, need to request a PIN online at www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN remains the same from year to year, so keep it in a safe place and never give it to anyone.
California Residents Only
California Residents may qualify for a state grant, Cal Grant A or B. Complete the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form, postmarked no later than March 2. (Be sure to confirm with your High School to see if it was already electronically sent. Use code — 02070500.) Click here for additional Cal Grant information.
Read all communications received from the Financial Aid Office and provide any requested documentation at your earliest convenience. These communications will first go by U.S. Mail, all subsequent requests will go via email to your personal email address until your eagles email address has been established. It is very important that once you receive notification you have been assigned an eagles email that you activate it immediately.
Review Your Financial Aid Award
Once your financial aid package is completed, an email will be sent to your Eagles email account. Review your Financial Aid Award immediately through your "My Records" account under Student Services, Financial Aid, and My Overall Status. It will indicate the types and amounts of aid you are eligible to receive. Review your award carefully. Click on what you accept and/or decline. If you are a first time Stafford Loan borrower at CUI, you will need to complete Online Entrance Counseling and electronically sign the Master Promissory Note.
Deadlines for Fall 2013
- February 1, 2013 - Concordia Scholarship and Activity Awards (see below)
- March 2, 2013 - FAFSA priority deadline for federal and state aid
- March 2, 2013 - Cal Grant Verification Form postmarked date (California residents only)
- August 16, 2013 - Loan borrowers only: Complete loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Federal Stafford Loan
- August 16, 2013 - Final deadline for all financial aid documents. Other documents may be requested to complete your financial aid file. All requested documents must be submitted 14 days prior to the close of the term.
- August 30, 2013 - FAFSA's received after this date will not be eligible for any need based institutional aid.
Scholarship and Activity Award Application and Deadlines for 2013-2014
- Presidential Honors Scholarship, deadline March 1, 2013
- Christ College Grant, deadline August 1, 2013
- Home Congregation Grant - New Students, no deadline
- Theatre Activity Award, deadline February 1, 2013
- Forensics Scholarship, deadline February 15, 2013
- Music Scholarship, deadline February 15, 2013, click here