Director of Theatre Activities, Assistant Professor of Theatre
- The University of Illinois at Chicago, MA in Theatre, 1996
- Concordia University Chicago, BA in Education, focus: German and Communication/Theatre
- Assistant to the Director of Development, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Chicago, IL, 1989-1990
- English and German teacher & director in co-curricular Theatre program, Sheboygan Lutheran High School, Sheboygan, WI, 1990-1992
- Assistant Professor of Communication/Theatre, Concordia University Chicago, 1994-2005
- Concordia University, Irvine since 2005
Lori teaches theatre appreciation, acting, creative dramatics, and reader’s theatre. She directs main stage productions, serves as a director for the ACTS drama ministry program, and she is the theatre department’s chair.
In February 2010, The Foolish Proposal, a show that Lori and a group of students wrote/improvised in the style of Commedia del’ Arte, was invited to perform at the Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival Region VIII festival. In 2012 her production of The Cover of Life was also invited to the regional festival. Both productions received standing ovations at the festival.
In July 2010, she served on the Mass Events Team for the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod’s National Youth Gathering held at the Superdome in New Orleans, LA. Lori directed The Network, a drama performed in short segments each night of the gathering in front of 25,000 attendees. In 2013 she is returning again to direct for the Mass Events Team at the National Youth Gathering in San Antonio, TX.
Other favorite directing credits include: Footloose, A Year with Frog and Toad, Godspell, Love Letters, The Good Doctor, The Crucible, Brighton Beach Memoirs, Kindertransport, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, The Velveteen Rabbit, and Rumplestiltskin.
Lori has performed in community theatre and summer stock productions. Favorite acting roles include Amanda in The Glass Menagerie, The Baker’s Wife in Into the Woods, Corrie in Barefoot in the Park and multiple roles in the American Coast Theatre production of The Hiding Place.
Prior to her arrival at Concordia University - Irvine, Lori taught and directed for 11 years at Concordia University - Chicago, in the Art/Communication/Theatre Department.