Apply for Scholarship
Forensics scholarship dollars are available for hard-working, qualified students. Scholarship awards range from $2,000 to $6,000 per academic year. Students who fulfill the requirements retain their award for the duration of their education at Concordia. Those who receive a scholarship for forensics competition must:
- Abide by the terms of CUI Forensics Team Squad Handbook (a copy is available upon request).
- Remain a full-time student (defined as a minimum of 12 units per semester).
- Maintain a minimum 2.50 Grade Point Average.
- Attend weekly squad meetings, weekly practice sessions, and serve as a positive team influence.
- Attend a minimum number of tournaments (typically 3 per semester) while competing in the minimum number of events. Students prepare and compete in one of three combinations:
- Debate Only – NPDA-style Parliamentary Debate
- Speech Only – Three AFA/NFA Individual Events, two of which must be prepared events
- Speech & Debate – NFA Lincoln-Douglas Debate and two IE events
To apply for the Forensics Scholarship, please complete the application and contact the Director of Forensics, Konrad Hack, at [email protected].