LVN to RN / 30 Unit Non Degree Certificate
California Licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) who want to complete the minimum number of units required by the State of California to take the NCLEX examination may apply for this option. LVNs who select the “30 Unit Option” method to meet the requirements for licensure as a Registered Nurse should consult the Director of Nursing (949-214-3280) for an individual program consultation.
Upon successful completion of the “30 Unit Option” the student:
- Will be eligible to take the NCLEX for Registered Nursing in California only.
- Does not receive a degree from Concordia University.
- Students who select this option will not be graduates of an approved program and may not be eligible for licensure in other states.
To be eligible for admission to the “30 Unit Option” certificate, candidates must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Complete and pass with a C or better 2 pre-requisite requirements:
- Human Physiology w/lab
- Microbiology w/lab (Must be completed within the last 5 years.)
- Submit official college transcripts with application.
- Hold a current California LVN license.
- High School graduate or equivalent GED exam.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on all transcripts completed since high school graduation.
- Completion of all health requirements prior to the first clinical day.
- Possession of current American Heart Association CPR card.
- Complete a grade of “C” or better in all courses taken after admission.
- Perform satisfactorily in the clinical areas to receive credit in any nursing clinical course.
Application period for 2015 LVN - RN Certificate program
Application period for 2014 LVN - RN Certificate program is open from October 15, 2014 through December 1, 2014.
Applications can be picked up at theDepartment of Nursing - CUI Park Place Campus.
CUI Park Place Campus address:
3337 Michelson Drive St# 650
Irvine, CA 92612
Click here for directions
For any additional questions for LVN - RN Certificate Program, please contact:
Meagan Balsley, Administrative Assistant