Do you already hold a bachelor's degree but are looking to advance your education in the field of nursing? Build on the foundation of your previous learning experiences in Concordia University Irvine's Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program.
- Fast track to a degree. Concordia's ABSN is offered as a full-time, on-campus program. In addition to classroom time, you will complete 765 hours in clinical settings throughout the course of the program. It is possible to complete your nursing courses in as little as 15 months.
- Personal attention. Small class sizes allow you to interact with your professors and classmates on a deeper level. You will engage in a high quality, challenging curriculum that promotes critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and leadership skills in a supportive and caring Christian environment.
- Respected reputation and accreditation. Concordia's acclaimed nursing program has graduates at hospitals throughout the region and nation. Concordia University Irvine is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The Accelerated BSN program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- High NCLEX pass rate. Concordia students are well prepared for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and have an average first attempt pass rate between 93-95%.
- Value. Concordia's ABSN program allows you to pay for each course by unit rather than a fixed enrollment cost. Total tuition cost per semester is dependent upon the number of units in which you are enrolled.
Nursing at Concordia
Concordia University's Nursing Program is a contemporary, comprehensive program that has been uniquely designed for you to learn the necessary knowledge and advanced skills to provide excellence in caring, compassionate, and competent nursing care.
Caring. The Nursing Program is guided by the mission of Concordia University as a Christian institution. The curriculum is designed around Dr. Jean Watson's philosophy of caring in nursing. Working closely with faculty role models, you will learn to see nursing as both a philosophical and scientific approach to caring for all those who seek health care, disease prevention and management, health promotion, and health education.
Compassionate. As a student in our Nursing Program, you will gain a broader perspective on your profession. Throughout your courses and interaction with faculty, you will be prepared to provide culturally-sensitive nursing care to a growing ethnically diverse population. You will become an advocate for your patients.
Competent. Our program will not only provide you with a strong scientific knowledge base, but you will have the opportunity to develop and refine your clinical skills and professional strategies. Our graduates are prepared to be accountable in nursing practice, resource management, and quality improvement by demonstrating skills in leadership, critical thinking, and implementing the delivery of nursing care in a variety of settings.
For more information about the Accelerated BSN program at Concordia University Irvine, please fill out our inquiry form or contact our Admissions Counselor, Henny Halim at (949) 214-3022 or email@example.com.
CSAC – AB 2086 requires students to be able to view the institution's licenses examination passage rates: Board of Registered Nursing.