Healthcare Management in Orange County
Today’s healthcare environment is extremely dynamic as it evolves towards future collaborative solutions. The healthcare industry is experiencing real and proposed changes in government regulations, resulting in a never before seen healthcare delivery landscape that will require a unique skill set that is immediately applicable and forward thinking. Instead of the traditional hospitals and clinics, the importance of community-based health care will emerge, playing a crucial role to the quality, cost, and access of care we all have come to appreciate.
With a focus on learning centered courses, community partnerships, research, advocacy, and scholarship, the Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management program at Concordia University Irvine will prepare you to take advantage of the career opportunities the changing healthcare industry provides. The HCM program educates students for professional positions, enhancing the operational efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare and related organizations and improving the delivery of healthcare services. Christian leadership principles are highlighted throughout the program’s curriculum. This undergraduate adult program provides students with solid academic depth to improve their opportunities to move into leadership positions in the industry.
Concordia University Irvine’s Healthcare Management Program is...
- Comprehensive. The education we provide goes beyond textbooks and lectures. Our undergraduate students are involved with professional associations, attend healthcare conferences and forums, and intern at leading healthcare organizations - all of which contribute to the well roundedness of our graduates and broaden their professional view beyond healthcare management to learn it’s about serving others.
- Convenient. The program is delivered twice a week and can be completed in 24 months.
- Focused. From the very beginning to the end of the program, students are working toward their goal of entering the healthcare field or advancing their careers. This is accomplished through the e-portfolio, an internship, mentorships, memberships to relevant organizations, outside learning opportunities (forums, conferences, etc.), and the use of technology that emphasizes real data used in the industry.
- Practical. Concordia University Irvine’s HCM major provides both theory and practice in order to provide students with an education and experience that will prepare them for the challenges of the healthcare industry and for their job search.
- Progressive. Concordia University Irvine is ahead of other universities in adapting to the changes and emerging trends of the healthcare industry.
- Relevant. Our curriculum has been developed amidst the changing environment, giving us a unique perspective and opportunity to create a meaningful and relevant education.
About our Adult Bachelor's Degree Programs:
- Boutique Program. We’re a boutique program, which allows us to shape the curriculum for today, and maintain small cohorts so that students get to know each other and their professors.
- Faculty Mentors. All faculty members are Christian and understand their role as both teachers and mentors.
- Peaceful Southern CA Location. CUI is conveniently located in the beautiful Turtle Rock hills of Irvine, just off the 405 freeway.
- Christian Values. We’re a Lutheran Christian university, which gives us a rich understanding that God gifts people for their professional calling.