The study of Psychology is designed to develop your capacities to explore, conceptualize, explicate, and interpret past and present human experience by understanding truth as it is revealed in God’s word (Scripture) and God’s world (the sophisticated scientific study and well-reasoned theoretical understanding of humans).
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Concordia University, you will be able to:
- Summarize and evaluate literature to demonstrate critical understanding of content, theories, and methods.
- Design empirical research to study human experience and behavior.
- Write and speak in genres appropriate to psychology.
- Examine the complexity of socio-cultural and international diversity.
- Illustrate how a Christian world-view interrelates with and complements the scientific study of human behavior.
- Creatively and effectively apply psychological knowledge and skills to promote positive change in your community.