Concordia University Irvine will investigate any and all reports of alleged violations of CUI policy.
Reporting an Allegation of Violation of Policy
Anyone who believes a policy of Concordia University Irvine has been violated should contact the following:
- Gilbert Fugitt: Dean of Students and Title IX Coordinator, Office of Dean of Students, Administration Building, Suite 300, (949) 214-3057, email@example.com
- Scott Keith: Director of Residential Education and Services, Office of Residential Education and Services, Sigma Square, Second Floor, (949) 214-3046, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karyn Pace: Director of Student Conduct and Title IX Investigator, Office of Student Conduct, Administration Building, Suite 308A, (949) 214-3050, email@example.com, (949) 214-3050
- Abigail Davis: Assistant Director of Student Conduct, Administration Building, Suite 308, (949) 214-3058; firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can also contact a Resident Director (RD) or Resident Assistant (RA) to report a violation of policy.
For reporting an allegation of Sexual Misconduct, please see the following chart.
For more information on reporting requirements of Concordia University Irvine specific to discrimination, see the Clery and Responsible Employees policies in the Student Handbook.
Statement on Confidentiality
In some cases, the anonymity of a reporting party or complainant may not be able to be kept. In cases where this is requested, the Investigator, Dean of Students, or designee will take all steps to protect a victim of discrimination. Should a reporter or complainant’s identity need to be disclosed, all efforts to place them on notice will be made.
If a reporting party would like the details of an incident to be kept confidential, the reporting party may speak with on-campus counselors, campus health service providers, sexual assault victims advocates, off-campus local rape crisis counselors, domestic violence resources, state assistance agencies, and members of the clergy who will maintain confidentiality. Non-Mandatory Reporters at Concordia include:
- Rev. Quinton Anderson, CSLD 103; (949) 214-3024
- Rebecca Kindreich, Counseling Center; (949) 214-3104
- Michelle Laabs, Wellness Center; (949) 214-3105
Policy on Student Withdrawals with Pending Disciplinary Action
Concordia University Irvine does not permit a student to withdraw if that student has a complaint pending for violation of the Student Code of Conduct or any CUI policy. Should a student decide to leave and not participate in an investigation and/or hearing, the process will nonetheless proceed in the student’s absence to resolution and that student will not be permitted to return to Concordia University Irvine unless all sanctions have been satisfied.