Flu Shots Available
New and transfer students are advised to get the flu shot this winter.
Students with private insurance: Cost is $20
Students with Concordia's health insurance plan (Kaiser): Cost is free
For more information, refer to www.flu.gov or contact the Wellness Center at 949.214-3102.
Apply to become a CUI Peer Health Educator
What's in it for me?
- Learn about the latest in college health
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Make an impact on the health of your peers and campus community
Please note the following for the Peer Health Educator, PHE position:
- PHEs must complete the 12-hour Certified Peer Educator training offered the beginning of each semester
- PHEs are responsible for attending 2-3 hours of planning meetings per week for at least one semester (dates and times TBA)
- PHEs will work as a team together to plan events that will serve the student body
Exciting campus-wide events and awareness campaigns students can help with as a PHE:
- RADD Designated Driver Reward Program
- Nutrition/Healthy Eating
- Safe Spring Break
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention
- Student Health 101 Online Magazine
Margaret Gamboa, MPH, CHES
Health Promotion Specialist
*Pick up a Peer Health Educator application at the Wellness Center. Applications are due by April 11, 2013.