Flu Shots Available
New and transfer students are advised to get a flu shot this winter.
Students with private insurance: Cost is $20
Students with Concordia's health insurance plan (Aetna): Cost is free
For more information, refer to www.flu.gov or contact the Wellness Center at 949.214-3102.
California College DUI Awareness Project
“I don’t let my friends drive drunk, do you?”
The RADD Event was held on October 18th, 2013
The Concordia University, Irvine Wellness Center promotes safe practices, responsibility and awareness around alcohol consumption. CUI is one of 18 campuses in California participating in the California College DUI Awareness Project that promotes road safety by preventing drunk driving. Participating local bars and restaurants offer incentives including free non-alcoholic drinks and discounted food to designated sober drivers. This project is funded by the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Safety Administration. Check out www.collegeisRADD.com.
Join CUI Peer Health Educators on campus at Midnight Madness on October 18, 2013 to learn more about RADD and test your knowledge about alcohol to win free SWAG!
Apply to become a CUI Peer Health Educator
What's in it for me?
- Learn about the latest in college health
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Make an impact on the health of your peers and campus community
Please note the following for the Peer Health Educator, PHE position:
- PHEs must complete the 12-hour Certified Peer Educator training offered the beginning of each semester
- PHEs are responsible for attending 2-3 hours of planning meetings per week for at least one semester (dates and times TBA)
- PHEs will work as a team together to plan events that will serve the student body
Exciting campus-wide events and awareness campaigns students can help with as a PHE:
- RADD Designated Driver Reward Program
- Nutrition/Healthy Eating
- Safe Spring Break
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention
- Student Health 101 Online Magazine
Margaret Gamboa, MPH, CHES
Health Promotion Specialist
*Pick up a Peer Health Educator application at the Wellness Center. Applications are due November 2014.