Apply to become a CUI Peer Health Educator
What's in it for me?
- Learn about the latest in college health
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Make an impact on the health of your peers and campus community
Please note the following for the Peer Health Educator, PHE position:
- PHEs must complete the 12-hour Certified Peer Educator training offered the beginning of each semester
- PHEs are responsible for attending 1-30 minute planning meeting per week for at least one semester (dates and times TBA)
- PHEs will work as a team together to plan events that will serve the student body
Exciting campus-wide events and awareness campaigns students can help with as a PHE:
- RADD Designated Driver Reward Program
- Nutrition/Healthy Eating
- Safe Spring Break
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention
- Student Health 101 Online Magazine
*Pick up a Peer Health Educator application at the Wellness Center.
Need support planning a health event on campus? The Wellness Center can assist with event promotion, planning and collaboration.
We are happy to promote health-related initiatives on our communication channels, including:
- Student Health 101 Magazine
- Wellness Center waiting room monitors
Need help finding reliable health and wellness information? Let us know what you are looking for and we’ll help you with handouts, websites, brochures, and/or speakers when possible.
We are always looking for ways to collaborate with other departments and organizations on campus. If you would like to co-host an event with The Wellness Center, contact us at 949-214-3102. Please provide us with a 2-4 week notice for the highest likelihood that we will be available to assist you.