Welcome to Neighborhood
The Wittenberg Hall Living Learning Community is designed to emphasize the CUI’s Lutheran Church Missouri Synod heritage for students who are interested in broadening their understanding of the Church, missions and discipleship while living on the CUI campus. The Wittenberg Hall will bring together students to live and learn in a joint environment in CUI’s Delta residence hall.
The Wittenberg Hall setting is ideal for students who are considering ministry within the Lutheran Church as a future calling, as well as any student who is interested in learning more about the Lutheran Church as referenced by James K.A. Smith:
“The unique nature of residential higher education provides an opportunity to create intentional communities within the dorms that not only gather for Bible study and prayer but also engage in a range of full-bodied Christian practices.”
Learning Goals and Objectives
Through the student’s participation in the 2013-2014 Wittenberg Hall Living Learning Community, the student will achieve the following goals:
Academic goals, objectives, and learning outcomes will be outlined in the course syllabus as determined by the Faculty in Residence, or professor designing the course.
- Participate in a small, mixed gender discipleship group focused upon the themes and texts already in use in the chapel schedule.
- Participate in at least two communal activities (i.e. common meals, common prayer, and local mission) per month.
- Be introduced to a professor’s home congregation (LCMS) so as to provide an important church connection to this program.
- Integrate chapel themes and topics covered in the Core Curriculum.
- Understand the heritage, traditions, and faith practices of the Lutheran Church.
Activities Will Include:
- Small, mixed gender discipleship groups and Bible Study.
- Communal meals with LCMS Theology professors.
- Educational and Recreational Programs.
- Visits to local LCMS congregations.
- Local missions work.
- Common community prayer and worship times.
- Participation in chapel and Sunday Source.
- Servant events.